Kill Hipsters started out as a site that aimed to not just be another cookie-cutter metal/hardcore music site and we didn’t honestly expect it to take off so quickly. Now that the site is pulling 17,000 unique visitors a month we thought we would implement some music review guidelines to raise the quality that the artists being reviewed on this site deserve.
- Reviews are scored on a .5 basis. So for example an album can be rated; 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and so on all the way up to 10.
- First mention of album titles can optionally be bold in the review text.
- When mentioning song titles encasing them in double quotes and italicising the text to make them stand out. Example; “Song Title”
- When possible try linking to a bands Facebook, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Last.fm, MySpace, etc. This helps people further explore the band outside of the review, listen to older albums and perhaps even find out if a gig is on near them.
- Take note of the additional fields beneath the main editor (Band name, Release Type, Review Score, Tracklist) – not all of these are required but at the very minimum for a review; Album Artwork a.k.a Featured Image, Album Name, Release Type, Artist Name, Rating, Record Label and Release Date.
- A title of a review should be in the following format;
For an album/LP: Band Name – Album Name: Album Review
For an EP: Band Name – EP Name: EP Review
(If you get confused, look at some of the other reviews on the site to see the way titles are formatted.)
- Remember to choose the appropriate category on the right hand side, so “Reviews” for a review and so on.